Hello — I’m Mark Settle, and for the better part of twenty years, I covered the digital DJ revolution via my skratchworx and DJWORX media outlets. But at the end of 2020, I needed a new challenge, and that is The Worxlab.
I hate this bit. I struggled to write anything about myself. And taking a picture is torture. But it’s only polite to share a little with you, about me.
- Straight talking Oxford-born, and transplanted into the north of England in the late seventies.
- Living and working in the Pennines in the heart of Brontë country.
- Left school with little of note, including an unclassified grade in art. Oh, the irony.
- Starting my career on a drawing board, I worked my way through engineering, desktop publishing, and finishing up in ad agencies and repro houses in Leeds.
- Started skratchworx as a fun project in 2003, and left in 2006 to do it full time.
- Rebranded to DJWORX in 2012 and built the finest DJ gear news, reviews, and opinion site until closure at the end of 2020.
Over my career, I’ve learned many skills to get to where I am today. And the irony hasn’t escaped me that while I thought I’d left it all behind, I’m now calling on most of it to continue on a new creative path.
I’ll be writing more detail about my future work in upcoming regular articles.